We begin by understanding our clients’ goals and objectives. We then customize tools and processes to align with the priorities identified. Because we strive to be a strong partner in our client's success, our consultants work alongside the leadership team, corporate finance department, clinical staff, as well as internal and external consultants to ensure industry-best practices are put in place and benchmark the results.
Barbara Patterson-Paul leads our Nurse Consulting Services. She focuses on assisting facilities by integrating reimbursement with clinical outcomes and regulatory compliance.
Barbara is a RAC-CT certified career nurse with 40 years of experience who is committed to ensuring quality care with expertise in revenue cycle management and clinical compliance. She is a leader in the post-acute environment and has dedicated her career to assisting facilities navigate the challenges of a dynamic landscape of regulatory and reimbursement challenges.
Our comprehensive services and resources include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Review current staffing levels
• FTE Analysis
• Review of Staffing Mix (evaluating clinicians and assistants)
• Analysis of therapy staff understanding and execution of Section GG coding
• Analysis of communication processes for GG information from therapy to IDT
• Review of therapy involvement in ST CMI
• Education and Training on process improvement for effective data exchange
• Education on coding with therapy staff to ensure accurate GG capture
• Review of LTC therapy utilization and programming
• Analysis of utilization opportunities within AL/IL settings
• Programming needs analysis for AL/IL
Clinical Efficiency of Therapy Dept
• Review of current programming related to Casper Data
• Review of clinical opportunities based on QM ratings
• Review of clinical screening process
• Education needs analysis within department to facilitate clinical excellence
• Review of care provision drivers to ensure equity between documentation and
Process Review and Optimization
• Review of current therapy processes for communication with IDT
• Review of current program efficiencies and causes analysis of current numbers
• Analysis of compliance with licensure requirements (state specific)
• Authorization process review
Stacy Parker leads our Management Only and Therapy Consulting practices. Stacy is an Occupational Therapist with over 20 years’ experience in healthcare operations with the focus of her career in the skilled nursing and post-acute senior settings. She has a proven track record of financial and clinical success in the measurable improvement of current in-house programs, as well as the transition to an in-house program. Her role is to utilize change management and organizational development to fully actualize the long-term success of a therapy program. This division works with current in-house programs seeking to transition to in-house, or clients that are looking to analyze their current program for viability to maximize performance in Quality, Compliance, and Fiscal areas of care.